- Category: The Church: The Higher Calling
Theme Text– Jesus said, “Follow me. Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.” Luke 9:59-60.
Do you understand the original good news of the ransom price Jesus paid on the cross for Adam? Are you excited about the glorious Kingdom of God that is to come upon the Earth when all of mankind shall come back alive and be taught righteouness under the reign of Christ? Do you want to reign with him then? Are you aware of the biblical foundations of original Christianity? Do you want to follow God and Jesus Christ? So what do you need to do now?
- Repent from dead works - Acknowledge that you are born sinful and can never justify yourself through your own efforts, and hence you need to turn to God for a Savior.
- Believe in Christ – Place your faith in Jesus Christ for your justification and salvation.
- Be baptized into Christ – Get immersed as an important symbolic act to show your commitment to die to Adam and the earthly life, and rise to live for Christ.
- Receive the anointment of the Holy Spirit and be strengthened to proclaim the gospel to mankind.
- Run the spiritual race of proclaiming the gospel together with your brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Remain faithful in the spiritual race till the end.
- Win heavenly rewards - adoption into God’s own family, immortality & kingship under Christ.
Some Things to Consider
Jesus said: “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.
Whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.
“Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you, saying, ‘This person began to build and wasn’t able to finish.’
In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples.” Luke 14:25-33.
Jesus doesn’t mince words, does he? He demands absolute dedication from his followers towards himself and his gospel. He assures them a share in his sufferings for the sake of the gospel.
Those sufferings are to test our faith. One comfort we do have is that God doesn’t test anyone beyond their capacity -
“God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it.” 1Cor 10:13 NRSV.
Paul is a great role model for us. He ran the gospel race with utmost dedication and was tested severely -
“I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea.
I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked.” 2Cor 11:22-27.
Undergoing all these trials for the gospel, Paul felt so wonderful that he actually went on record to say he has won the race! -
'I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. There is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord will award to me on that day.’ 2Tim 4:7-8.
Are You Ready?
1) Do you want to be adopted into the family of God as His child?
Are you ready to lose your ties with the family of Adam for that sake?
2) Do you want to become the spiritual brother/sister of Christ and his followers?
Are you ready to lose your fleshly relationships for that sake?
3) Do you want immortality?
Are you ready to dedicate your present mortal life to proclaim the One who achieved immortality like God?
4) Do you want to rule over mankind as a king under Christ to help uplift them in the Kingdom?
Are you ready to start your ambassadorship under Christ in this life to proclaim his gospel to mankind?
5) Do you want to secure a place in Heaven for eternal life?
Are you ready to lose your present earthly life and dedicate it for the gospel that came from Heaven?
Feel free to contact us if you're looking to get baptized, or for fellowship with like-minded believers in your region, or if you have any questions.
Note: We are not part of any organization. We are rather small groups of Bible believers spread across the world. We don't collect any donations. Read more about us here.